Android Developers are to be based either at the Britehouse Digital Office in Johannesburg, or at a customer site.
Purpose of this position:
Britehouse Digital continuously seeks software development skills across all levels within the business either in order to replace turnover or due to growth.
We are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile web app, with a focus on performance.
Advantageous (nice to have):
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- Relevant degree / diploma
- A relevant university computer science degree or equivalent.
- Android API's
- Knowledge of the SOLID principles (Clean code)
- OO concepts
- Testing methodologies (Smoke / Pen / Integration)
- Software design patterns
- Good problem solving skills
- Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Atlassian tools : Confluence / JIRA / Bamboo
- Continuous integration
- Data structures and algorithms
Preference given to candidates with:
- Clean Code Principles
Attributes and Competencies
- Planning and organising.
- Knowledge Specialisation.
- Must be individually driven and motivated.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- Must be enthusiastic and very willing to learn.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to do business travel to customer sites as and when required.