Angular Web Developer
Angular Developers are to be based either at the Britehouse Digital Office in Johannesburg, or at a customer site.
Purpose of this position:
Britehouse Digital continuously seeks software development skills across all levels within the business either in order to replace turnover or due to growth.
We are looking for an AngularJS Developer responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance.
Key Performance Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer, the HTML coder, and yourself
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with external web services
Advantageous (nice to have):
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- A relevant university computer science degree or equivalent.
- Desired Skills: MongoDB, Node.js, AngularJS, Express Js, mean.io
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects and keeping the framerate above 30fps at all times
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
- Experience with all levels of operation available to the front-end, such as from creating XHRs in vanilla JS to using a custom wrapper around $resource
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
Attributes and Competencies
- Planning and organising.
- Knowledge Specialisation.
- Must be individually driven and motivated.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- Must be enthusiastic and very willing to learn.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to do business travel to customer sites as and when required.