Business Analyst are to be based either at the Britehouse Digital Office in Johannesburg, or at a customer site.
Purpose of this position:
The purpose of Business Analysis within Britehouse Digital is for an analyst to function as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, processes and operations of an organisation, and to recommend solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals. Essentially the Business analyst acts as the conduit between the business and technology teams and need to function effectively within both of these environments in order to resolve business problems via the use of technology.
The business analyst is expected to be billable at a client for +- 160 hours per month where leave and public holidays count 8 hours per day towards this target
Key Performance Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Integrating into the customers’ existing environment in terms of existing processes, policies and procedures
- Building of strong and healthy relationships with project stakeholders and sponsors
- Planning and monitoring of Business Analysis activities
- Analysis of existing business processes and information systems.
- Eliciting, analysing and documenting of functional business requirements
- Eliciting and documenting of non-functional requirements
- Validating and managing requirements and scope
- Testing of newly implemented systems and features
- Analysing, defining and documenting of change & enhancement requests
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- Relevant degree / diploma
- CCBA(intermediate) or CBAP(senior) certification.
- Plan BA approach, activities, communication and requirements management process
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Elicit and document business requirements
- Define business case, solution scope, business needs
- Do GAP analysis
- Identify, raise and document risks related to requirements
- Produce an accurate impact assessment based on a defined change
- Manage requirements and scope
- Manage ambiguity
- Manage requirements traceability
- Communicate requirements
- Prioritise and organise requirements
- Business Process Modelling
- Define assumptions and constraints
- Verify and validate requirements
- Assess and validate solution
- Define transition requirements
- Facilitation of JAD sessions.
- Testing of new systems and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of different business analysis and project management methodologies
- 2 to 3 years(junior), 3-5(intermediate) and 5+(senior) Business Analysis experience.
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of development methodologies essential.
- Unified modelling language.
- BABOK knowledge highly advantageous.
- Previous project management experience highly advantageous.
Attributes and Competencies
- Enthusiastic and passionate about business analysis
- Need to be able to function within a team environment and generate enthusiasm among team members
- Acknowledge and appreciates each team member’s contributions
- Must be driven and motivated
- Self-managing and pro-actively looking for opportunities
- Reliable and responsible
- Handle and resolve conflict well
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to do business travel to customer sites as and when required.