Metal Industries Benefit Funds Administrators deliver excellent levels of service to their clients.

an industry based benefits fund management organisation that provides administration services to numerous industry funds.

MIBFA implements prudent asset management and also provides effective administration, terms of cost and the highest quality of service.

​​​​

About MIBFA

The Metal Industries Benefit Funds Administrators (MIBFA), is an industry based benefits fund management organisation that provides administration services to numerous industry funds.  These include the Engineering Industries Pension Fund; the Metal Industries Provident Fund; the Metal and Engineering Industries Permanent Disability Scheme and the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Sick Pay Fund.

MIBFA aggressively strives toward being a customer-centric organisation, driven by  delivering excellent levels of service to its clients, they are committed to setting and achieving continuous improvement in standards of efficiency and revels in being an organisation in which its clients can continuously depend on. 

To create value, grow and preserve the wealth of its fund members, MIBFA implements prudent asset management and also provides effective administration, terms of cost and the highest quality of service. 

Business Challenge

MIBFA requires that their systems be online 24 hours, 7 days a week. System failure will not only have an impact on the excellent customer service that they strive to accomplish but will also have a financial impact on both MIBFA and their clients. 

If systems are not online no payments will be made to fund the beneficiaries and contributions cannot be made to the funds, this will have both a reputational and financial impact on MIBFA.

Why Britehouse?

Britehouse and Dimension Data have a long standing relationship with MIBFA, and fully manage and support some of their systems from end-to-end.

Britehouse does not only focus on databases, but enables clients to provide better services, both direct and indirect. The ability to empower clients and enhance their offerings, is a top priority Britehouse strives to achieve.

The Solution

The solution Britehouse Digital implemented at MIBFA is a fully managed, end-to-end service for their Microsoft SQL Server environment.

This enables their databases to be available for 99.99% of the time. The other 0.01% of the time is used for maintenance and service upgrades. This method allows the systems to be online and the business to operate effectively and efficiently with minimal downtime.

The managed services for Microsoft SQL is based on a per database managed services model. There are a few different options to choose from including 24x7 and 8x5 support. 

Business Benefits

Having continuous uptime for the Microsoft SQL Server enables MIBFA to deliver exceptional value to their clients, in a timely and efficient manner.

Our skilled team of database administrators (DBAs) ensures maximum uptime, performance and stability in MIBFA's SQL Server Environment.

MIBFA and its clients rely on data and the 24/7 availability and consistency of information stored, which is part of the platform of SQL Services our dedicated team  delivers.

This enables maximum uptime, streamlined databases and continuous performance tuning among other unique features.

Having the database online enables employee satisfaction with minimal frustration and a more efficient and effective way of work. 

Technology

Microsoft SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)

About Britehouse Digital

Britehouse, a Division of Dimension Data is based in South Africa and forms part of the Dimension Data Global Digital Practice. We provide Digital solutions to both African and global companies. The skills and experience of the Britehouse Digital team enables us to guide and support our clients as they transform their businesses and become more digitally driven. We focus on employing the best people and pride ourselves on our ability to deliver.

Flexibility is key and to ensure that each engagement is optimised to align with our clients’ requirements, Britehouse Digital offers a wide range of engagement models.  Following industry best practice principles, our solutions can be delivered through customised or pre-packaged on premise, hosted or cloud offerings, with ongoing support or a managed service through a model that meets our clients’ needs.​


Download PDF: MIBFA