Senior .NET Developers
.NET Developers are to be based either at the Britehouse Digital Office Johannesburg or Cape Town, or at a customer site.
Purpose of this position:
Britehouse Digital continuously seeks software development skills across all levels within the business either in order to replace turnover or due to growth.
- The .NET Developer will work in a professional and comfortable work environment where the core focus is on learning, growth, knowledge sharing, teamwork and collaboration.
- The .NET Developer must work in a team with other .NET and developers within boundaries of strict project deadlines.
- The .NET Developer will be exposed to all major Microsoft technologies and excellent training opportunities both internally and externally.
- This exposure also occurs through the different engagement models being project-based development, placements, outsourced teams and support and enhancement engagements.
- The .NET Developer will either be based at the Britehouse Digital Head Office or at a customer site.
- The .NET Developer must also be willing to do business travel to customer sites as per business requirements.
Key Performance Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Relations.
- Documentation skills, i.e. the standard and quality of documents.
- C#, .NET Framework and SQL Server.
- The ability to solve problems.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft .NET and other Microsoft platforms, products and tools.
- Demonstrated history of delivering completed projects.
- Billable hours.
- Microsoft Exams.
- 360 review.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
Advantageous (nice to have):
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- A relevant university computer science degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of .NET (C# or VB.NET)
- Knowledge of ASP.NET 2.0 – 4.0
- Knowledge of SQL 2005 – 2008
- Knowledge of HTML.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2005, 2006 and 2008.
- Knowledge of the application of technology in solving business problems.
Senior Developers must be able to perform as a Tech-Lead developers with the following tasks:
- A minimum of 4 years experience developing code in C# and / or VB.NET and ASP.NET.
- A minimum of 48 months Visual Studio 2005 / 2006 and / or 2008 experience.
- A minimum of 48 months Transact-SQL (Stored procedures, views and triggers) experience.
- A minimum of 48 months relational database design implementation using MS SQL Server 2000 / 2005 and / or 2008 experience.
- A minimum of 48 months HTML experience.
- 5 years experience of leading a development team.
- Proficiency in technical architecture and high-level design, as well as test framework design and implementation.
- Technical lead for development, design and implementation of .NET based solutions as part of the projects team.
- Collaborate with Developers, Account Managers and Project Managers.
- Estimate development tasks and execute well on project schedules.
- Interact with clients to create requirement specifications for projects.
- Innovate new solutions and keep up with new emerging technologies.
- Mentoring of other developers.
- 3 years computer science degree or equivalent.
- Windows SharePoint Server.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Microsoft CRM.
- Experience in web analytics
- Be able to give accurate technical estimates.
- Be able to delegate.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Be able to interact well with management and colleagues.
- Be able to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions.
Attibutes and Competencies
- Planning and organising.
- Knowledge Specialisation.
- Must be individually driven and motivated.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- Must be enthusiastic and very willing to learn.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to do business travel to customer sites as and when required.