Web designers are to be based either at the Britehouse Digital Office in Johannesburg, or at a customer site.
Purpose of this position:
This role is to create innovative and industry leading designs. These designs must speak to the customers' business goal in accordance with their corporate identity, and incorporate the best practices in usability and user experience.
We are looking for an Web Designer responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance.
Key Performance Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Relations.
- Billable hours.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Documentation skills, i.e. the standard and quality of documents.
- The ability to engagement with customers in terms of design, user experience and usability
- The ability to interpret customer briefs, corporate identity manuals, and creative direction.
- The ability to present designs
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- Recognised 2 year tertiary qualification in Multimedia Design / Graphic Design or similar.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Be able to interact well with management and colleagues.
- Be able to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Be able to communicate excellently, both verbal and written.
- Be able to do create strong designs.
- Be able to interpret business requirements and briefs.
- Must have the ability to work on their own and complete allocated tasks for 2 / 3 days autonomously
- Experience in Web design.
- Experience in Usability.
- Responsive or Mobile Design.
- Understanding of the creative process.
- Design transition into web friendly elements (sprites, image compression, etc).
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Brief and CI interpretation.
- HTML 5 and CSS 3 (Design implementation).
- SharePoint and SharePoint designer.
Attributes and Competencies
- Planning and organising.
- Must be individually driven and motivated.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- Must be enthusiastic.
- Be willing to learn new technologies and or programs like SharePoint Designer.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be willing to do business travel to customer sites as and when required.